Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pinteresting December - Gak or Flubber or Goo or whatever you call it

In lieu of my bloggy advent winter wonderland I decided to go a little more low key for the month of December.  I wanted to do something fun, yet manageable, so I decided that we are going to try some new fun ideas from Pinterest, Thus:



The first project is Flubber, I call it Gak, some call it ooblek.



It only has
  • Water
  • White Glue
  • Borax
  • Food Coloring

Making it was a lot of fun.  You mix up two different mixtures, then pour them together, the change from two liquid-y mixtures into the gak is almost instantaneous.  {Click on the picture to get the recipe.} 

Zippy and Little Dude had tons of fun with it.  It isn't messy like play-dough or the cornstarch ooblek.  It is relatively inexpensive, I had everything but the glue on hand.  And it keeps really nicely.  My only qualm with this particular recipe is that it makes a lot.  I would love to find/figure out a small recipe so we can have smaller amounts of different colors.




If you are looking for more fun for the kids follow my Pinterest board, For the Kiddos.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!