Sunday, May 1, 2011

Joy



When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your love, O LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Psalm 94:18-19

Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic.
Rosalind Russell

A wise son brings joy to his father,
but a foolish son grief to his mother.
Proverbs 10:1

Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.
Floyd W. Tomkins

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous
but terror to evildoers.
Proverbs 21:15

It has been said that art is a tryst, for in the joy of it maker and beholder meet.
Kojiro Tomita

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."
Luke 10:21

1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!