Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 4

In my life this week..
Still getting back in the swing of things.  As with most family holidays, Easter was fun but not restful.  I now realize how important Sundays are.  I intentionally don't plan to do anything on Sunday, and when I do it seems like the week is so much harder.  In addition to this I recently joined Weight Watchers.  My exercise is taken care of with walking the Little Dude, but I am still working out my relationship with food.

In our homeschool this week...
Another schedule change.  We will get this right yet!  I am going crazy trying to teach and manage a 2 year old.  So, we are doing work during nap time and when Dad is home.  It is not the ideal learning time for Zippy, but I am less stressed, so I can be more patient.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
Greenfield Village is open!  Weather permitting, we are walking over about once a week. A great way to get out of the house, nice exercise, fun and educational. 
 
My favorite thing this week was...
Zippy took her first Latin test and she did great!  It is such a joy to see her learn - and want to learn - new things.

What's working/not working for us...
We need to simplify.  The extra things are not working for us. We need to refocus and concentrate on the essentials.  Once we master the essentials, then we can take on the extras.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Little Dude's first carousel ride


The Homeschool Mother's Journal

1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!