Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekly Round Up - with a Birthday



Truth via Twitter.
Monday was a mess. Well it is fair to say  Sunday night was a mess, which flowed into Monday.  I did not get my plan for the week written down, big mistake, I will never go into a homeschool week with the idea of "we will just wing it this week". Nothing gets done.  Nothing got done, because I did not have a written plan.


So here is the short version of a short week.

Monday - The hubs was off of work, not because of MLK day, but because he wanted to go to Little Dudes doctor appointment.  Anytime the hubs is off work is a holiday to me.  We went on a family field trip to see the LEGO exhibit.  Little Dude has his check up doctor appointment.  Only gained a half a pound.  Needs to eat. more, going to try PediaSure. (Any other suggestions on how to get more calories into him would be ever so greatly appreciated.) Other than that all was status quo.

Tuesday - The temperature was zero. Zero degrees.  Zero degrees Fahrenheit.  Monday, something unfortunate happened to the hubs front brakes.  This is not the catastrophe it might first appear. He fixed it, eventually after purchasing two different tools (one to take the old part off and one to put the new part on - really).  He had to take my car to work. Again, normally not a big deal, we live within walking distance of Little Dude's preschool.  But when it is zero degrees one does not walk anywhere, unless it is truly a life altering kind of situation.  So rides were found, he got to school and Zippy did spelling, math and science. 

Wednesday: Still cold, but I had a car again, so less drama. 


Thursday: My birthday, woohoo.  I'm old, although if you ask me my exact age, I always have to think about it for a minute.  Is that a sign of age?  No cake, ice cream or singing, but I got to go bowling with the Little Dude and his class {truly a lesson in patience for all the little ones}, and I got to go out to eat with the Hubs and Zippy while a dear friend watched the Little Dude.  The hubs also bought me a candy bar.  
Zippy's interpretation of Benihana's heart o' fried rice.










Friday - The best laid plans... Today was supposed to be a big trip out to get Science supplies.  Looking out the window at the snow, I think we may put off some of that running around until tomorrow.  (The Apologia lab kits are looking better and better.) 

How was your week?

Photos taken with InstaGram.  I love InstaGram.  Follow me!  I'm hollyoshesky.








{Linking Up}

life rearranged
Homegrown Learners

6 comments:

  1. Hi Holly -- thank you for linking up with me for Collage Friday. You speak such truth when you talk about needing to have a PLAN. I agree 100%.

    Zero degrees is way too cold for my Georgia bones, too.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had an rather interesting week! I do hope Little
    Dude is OK!! I'm now following you google!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow kept you home from science purchases...what a bummer! Please consider adding this to my end the of week link up, Its a Wrap. -Savannah www.hammocktracks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I certainly cannot wing it. I also lose any papers that I write things on so I use Homeschool Tracker to keep track of our happenings. And my phone for appointments. I'm so scatterbrained I need to see it and hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had snow. I hear you on needing a plan. Winging it is doable, but not preferable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Its a Wrap. I hope you'll return today.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!