Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

So last year I forgot to send out a card and did a blog post to honor my Dad instead, and it worked out really well.  So I'm going to do it again.

Three Lesson I Learned from my Dad

Never stop learning.  
My Dad is one of the smartest people I know, especially about geography and history.  He listens to books, watches documentaries and film, and he travels a lot, learning as he goes.  He even wrote a whole book, not published, but still that is huge.

Precook your chicken
When grilling BBQ chicken (of which my Dad makes the best), precook the bone-in chicken before saucing it and putting it on the grill.  It will come out, most importantly, done, as well as moist and yummy.

Drive Defensively
My Dad taught me to drive.  I went through driver's training where I learned the rules, but my Dad taught me the most important lessons. He was a professional truck driver.  He was the one who got into the car with me, especially when I learned to drive a manual transmission.  When I was in middle school, I got to spend a couple of summers on the truck with him, watching him be professional. It left an impression.  When he told stories about how other people drive, that also left and impression.  

Thanks Dad for ALL you have taught me. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!