Saturday, November 9, 2013

Weekly Round Up - where I forgot Halloween

It has been a crazy busy couple of weeks.  I started my new part time job and got thrown right into the thick of things.  Getting a job in retail in the month of Thanksgiving Black Friday may not have been the wisest timing, but I am so incredibly thankful that I have an income now.  It is saving our bacon, so the extra hours, while stressful are appreciated.  The job has changed our homeschool schedule a little bit, but Zippy is adjusting admirably, taking responsibility for her work in way she really has not before.

Ok, back to Halloween

I struggle with Halloween.  I do not like the scary aspect, the celebration of evil things.  But I think the dressing up bit is fun, and of course the candy.  Brandy at the blog Autumnfawn Lane wrote some wonderful insights about Halloween that I found especially helpful this year.  

This was the first year that Zippy was not allowed to go trick or treating, instead she opted to take over candy distribution, and still dressed up a little bit.  The Little Dude went as a laundry basket.  Cheapest, easiest, interesting costume we've done in many a year.  As tradition they went trick or treating with the cousins, that would be Darth Vader and the squid.  



And there was pumpkins:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!