Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu Plan September {week 2}

School is back in, which means the schedule is changing. One of those changes is my working some days during dinner prep time.  In answer I am do a lot more freezer and crock pot cooking.  The hubs is also pitching in.  He is a really good cook, but he doesn't plan or use any sort of recipe.  So my plan is to get meat and veg to let him put together what he may.

A couple of weeks ago now I spent an afternoon doing freezer cooking with some friends.  It was lots of fun.  We each cooked enough so each person could take one of each dish home.  I cooked baked pasta (a variant of this baked ziti recipe).



The Plan for this week

Breakfast Options - {healthy breakfast on the go}
  • Eggs (hard boiled)
  • Waffles
  • Milk
  • Apples
  • Peaches
  • Bananas
Lunch Options - {brown bagable}
  • Roast beef and Cheese Sandwich
  • Apples
  • Popcorn
  • Squished Cheese Sandwich
  • Cucumbers 
  • Tuna and Crackers
Dinner 
  • Chicken (x2) - for hubs to make something fabulous
  • Mexican Bake (from the freezer)
  • Dinner at Church - Pasta
  • Chili 
  • Baked Chicken Legs
  • Chicken Salad (with leftover chicken from the legs).
Freezer Cooking
  • Chili - Making a quadruple batch when I make chili for dinner.

1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!