My motto for this school year is:
The first day of school I put together an encouraging gift for Zippy's teacher and a couple of other staff at her school:
Ways to start your first week of school
1. Wake Up – “This is the day the LORD has made we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Ps. 118:24
2. Dress Up – “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Eph. 6:11
3. Stand Up – “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.” I Cor 16:13
4. Look Up – to the Lord “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil. 4:13
5. Lift Up – your prayers “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.” Eph. 6:18
6. Reach Up – “I reach out for your commands, which I love, that I may meditate on your decrees.” Ps. 119:48
7. Heads Up – God has great things planned for you this year
I got the idea from Marci over at Let the Games Begin.
How do you encourage those around you? I'd love to know.