Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Wrap Up

This week was Winter Break for us.  The public schools had the week off and so did CC.  It is unusual that everything lines up like that.  But sadly, the week "off" was full of unexpected events and life changing decisions. So here are 5 not so random things from this week.






1. On Monday the kiddo's great-grandfather died.  I was always thankful that they had a relationship with their great-grandpa, I did not know any of my great-grandparents so having him around until Zippy was fourteen was amazing.  He will be missed.


2. On Wednesday, after lots and lots of thought and prayer I finally committed to open a new Classical Conversations campus in my city.  Now this might seem like a lot, but it really just shifts my current workload from a more tutor focus to a more administrative one.  The bonus is now I will not have to drive 45 minutes or an hour to get to a CC campus, woo. 

3. Did you know that I have another blog?  It is called History Magpie and I've been working on it for about 9 months.  I am very proud of how well it is coming along.  The focus of the blog is to equip parents to engage kids with history at home. 

4. Yesterday was our last day of break and I gave Zippy the option of doing a little bit of work to get a jumpstart on this week. She declined, but when I told her I needed help with my Lego Challenge for the History Magpie she jumped right in.  We spent the morning discussing how to build a replica of a Roman Road out of Legos, she wanted a chicken crossing the road.  Sneaky schooling is what I call that.

5. We decided to take the Little Dude from 3 days of preschool to one and start schooling at home with a little more intention.  This decision was primarily driven by financial concerns. We will be looking for other opportunities for the little guy to practice talking.



1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!