Less than a week until the big Schoolhouse Expo event. With over 40 speakers, there are so many great topics to explore. Here is a short list of five speakers and the topics they are going to tackle.
- Kim Kautzer - Veteran homeschool mom and author of WriteShop will be speaking about laziness. The lazy student. What is Mom to do? Is it laziness or is it procrastination. What is the difference?
- Andrew Pudewa - direction of the Institute for Excellence in Writing will be speaking about motivation. Teaching Boys & Other Students Who Would Rather Be Making Forts All Day. Relevancy, if it matters, students will learn it. If it doesn't matter, they don't care. I am especially looking forward to this talk.
- Marie Rippel - founder of the All About Learning Press will be giving practical advice to help the struggling learner. Effective Teaching Methods for Struggling Learners. There is a lovely laundry list of technique and ideas, including focusing on goals, finding routine, and teaching with multiple senses.
- Jessica Hulcy - coauthor of KONOS will be talking about staying sane while homeschooling multiple children. Multi-level Teaching: Build Families and Stay Sane!!! Speaking and actual video footage of using a unit method, to keep it all together with multi-level children.
- Todd Wilson - founder of Familyman Ministries will be talking about parenting and technology.
Taming the Techno-Beast – Parenting in the INTERNET Age. Has technology taken over children's time and mind? How to get a handle on it.
Sounds exciting doesn't it? Want to know how you can listen to all these great speaker and more?
Register today for the Schoolhouse Expo!
August 19 - 23, 2013
I am looking forward to it. I hope you are too.
* Disclaimer *
This is a promotional post. I receive a ticket to the Homeschool Expo in exchange for my post. All opinions expressed are my own.