Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Little Garden


I didn't exactly plan to have a garden this year.  The hubby got {me?} a huge potted tomato plant for Mother's Day and he has fun keeping it watered and sunned and I thought, that was that, we are done.  Until last Friday Zippy, Little Dude and I went to the local Farmer's Market.  Zippy likes fresh sweet banana peppers and had a few plants last summer, so she asked if we could look to see if anyone had any.  They did.  Four plants for $1.00, can not beat that with a stick.  So the hubby dug up a little patch of dirt next to our fence and he and Zippy planted her plants.

 Then on Saturday the kids and I went looking for a Father's Day "gift" of a hanging flower basket for the porch.  Zippy found a pear tomato plant (with tomatoes already on it) on clearance, so we got that too. 

Now our garden consists of 4 pepper plants and 2 tomato plants and everyone is quite happy. 




2 comments:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!