Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolution

According to Dictionary.com Resolution means:
  • A resolve or determination
  • The act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action
  • The mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose
And because circular definitions really irk me: Resolve means:
  • To come to a determination; make up one's mind
  • Break up or disintegrate
  • Be reduced or changed by
and my personal favorite
  • {music} to progress from dissonance to consonance
Isn't that what we are all trying to do at the year's beginning; figure out a way to make life less chaotic, clashing, crazy. 

I set some {specific} yearly goals along the lines of improving my health, wealth and wisdom. 

For this small space in my life I also have some ideas and a direction.  Specifically this year I am going to embark on a 365 Project.  I want to capture the beauty of the every day, seek out those quicksilver moments of joy and generally provide a record of blessings, possibilities and {yes I will get a picture of} peas.

My parameters are simple:
A picture a day, mostly mine, mostly new.  

There will no doubt be other things as well: art, craft, cooking, essay, and adventure, all the stuff that makes up life.


On this eve of a new year I wish all my readers Auld Lang Syne - times remembered, friends close to hand and abundant blessings in the new year.




 

1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!