Monday, August 1, 2011

Menu Planning - August {week 1}

Last week was not all together successful when it came to the meal plan,  due mostly to the fact that I felt like a wet towel for several days.  We ended up eating out ($5 pizza) 3 times last week.

We did try one new dish last week, egg and spinach quiche.  It was good, two out of three people said I should make it again.  It calls for fat free cheese and egg whites, I used real cheese and the whole egg, in addition I added garlic and smoked sea salt in lieu of hot sauce.  We did have some trouble getting the quiche out of the paper cups, so if I make it again I will just make it in the muffin tin, or do it as a scramble on the stove top. 

Here is the plan for next week:

Breakfast Options:
  • Oatmeal
  • Eggs
  • Crispy Rice cereal 
  • Bananas
Lunch Options:
  • Tuna Salad
  • Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Raman Noodles with tuna, peas and mushrooms
  • Squished Sandwiches 
  • Fruit
  • Veggies
 Dinner:
  • Sloppy Joe Turnovers with green beans
  • BBQ Chicken Legs in the crock pot with green beans
  • Stir Fry
  • Pizza Night Out
  • Fruited Chicken Salad 
  • Skid Row Stroganoff with tossed salad
  • Dilled Pot Roast in the crock pot with Christmas Salad
Freezer Cooking
  • Waffles
{Linked Up: I'm an Organizing Junkie}

1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!