Monday, July 18, 2011

Hard Choices

We have made a choice.  It took a lot (and I mean a lot) of prayer, discussion, lists and repeated reminders of "do you remember what it was like, no do you really remember?" In the end we decided that Zippy is going back to school in the fall. 

Does Zippy learn easier, more naturally in a one on one or independent study situation.  Yes.

It isn't that cut and dry, unfortunately.  It boiled down to two pieces of evidence.

1. I had a viable teaching job opportunity come across my path.  When I told my husband he said "You should apply, maybe then you would be happy." 

2. Zippy said "I want to go back to school".  Then proceeded to lay out for me a comprehensive homework plan, especially for spelling and science. 

In the end Zippy really does desperately want to go back to school and I have to be her mother and Little Dude's mother.  Being mother and teacher, being "on" all the time is draining me.  So we figured out how to do it financially, turned in the papers and are all set for next year.  Did we make the right decision?  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!