Sunday, June 19, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - June 19

In my life this week...
Three words: Vacation Bible School.  I love the week of VBS, but I am always so tired when it is done.  This year's theme was "Spend a While on the Nile" and focused on the story of Joseph.  I helped out here and there as needed.  Zippy enjoyed the first two days (the end of the week was spent in band camp).

In our {summer} homeschool this week...
I tried, really I did, but school just did not happen this week.  Between VBS, band camp, my need to mow the lawn, and two unexpected social invitations for Zippy, it was just too much.  We did watch the movie, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (review coming soon), as part of our Ancient Greece unit. 

My favorite thing...
Seeing the Little Dude have such a good time playing with the other children.  He is not yet old enough to go to VBS, but the church has a nursery for the children of the volunteers.  Between that and getting to play on the playground, he was so happy. 

Thought, quote or photo to share...
After a busy morning, all tired out.




1 comment:

  1. Even without any "formal" schooling, it sounds like you had a full week! Homeschooling is made for taking opportunities as they come along, including VBS, band camp and playing with friends! Stopping by from Weekly Wrap-up!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!