Friday, June 10, 2011

Farmers Market Finds

I just love teaching my children about where food comes from, and part of that education is going to the Farmers Market.  We have one on Fridays within walking distance of my house.  One of the things that I love about the Farmer's Market is I never quite know what I will find.  Today's finds include:

  • Kettle Corn
  • Fresh Greens
  • A Lavender Plant
  • A Sweet Banana Pepper Plant (on sale) for Zippy - it is her favorite vegetable.
  • and...and...wait for it...Strawberries, fresh, sweet, locally grown strawberries.  I thought I missed them this year, so I was so excited when the young man at the booth said they would have several more weeks of strawberries.
 Are you looking for a farmers market?  LocalHarvest has a nice nation-wide search feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!