Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother




Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
Exodus 20:12


A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
~Tenneva Jordan

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
Proverbs 1:8


A mother understands what a child does not say.
~Author Unknown

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
~Irish Proverb

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.
~Oprah Winfrey

Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.
~Harriet Beecher Stowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!