Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Intentional Summer

This week is our week off from lessons.  I am taking the suggestion of Lisa to do 6 weeks "on" and 1 week "off".  So we are kicking up our feet, relaxing, taking it easy this week.

I came across the words "intentional summer" over at Mamma Hall's Blog. I love the idea of planning fun, and her suggestion of a summer candy bowl, where activities are randomly plucked out of a bowl really appeals to my sense of adventure.  We did a list last year but somehow it felt like I had this "must do" list hanging over my head all summer.  So this year we are going to do the summer candy.  This gives us a little more flexibility.  I realized that this summer is actually going to be more busy for Zippy than this school year with Vacation Bible School, Summer Reading Program, Park Programs and 6th Grade Band Camp in addition to regular lessons. So with just a little planned fun, that we can do when time permits, this summer should be abundant not overwhelming.

This is our activity list.  If you would like to use our list, here is the pdf for your personal use. Just print, cut, and put in a bowl.

What are you going to do this summer?

1 comment:

I love comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!