♥ Motivation - Get it done.
♥ Deadline - Get it done in a timely manner.
♥ Fun - Race against the clock.
♥ Focus - Got to get it done right, concentrate.
|photo by numb3r via Flickr|
- Get out the timer.
- Ask how much she wants to do: a problem, a sentence, a section etc.
- Ask how much time does she think it will take to the amount of work she has stipulated.
- I set the timer and say "ready, set, go"
- If she finishes before the timer I always tell her how much time she has left.
- If the timer beeps before she finishes, I ask her why it did, and if she needs more time. Usually it is something like this division problem is harder than I thought and I need 2 more minutes to finish.